We provide a range of activities and initiatives to support councillors as leaders of their communities.
- Charter for Elected Member Development - The Charter provides a robust, structured framework designed to help the authority enhance and hone member development. This is available for councils, police and fire authorities across the East of England. The investment per authority is £3,000 (plus VAT and expenses). Your authority has up to three years from committing, to be assessed. For further information please contact Michelle Kirk, Michelle.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Networked Councillor - The ways in which we communicate and consume information have fundamentally changed with the advent of digital technology, and we live in an increasingly Networked Society. We have published a report which considers how to increase the effectiveness of councillors in the online world beyond the current mixed picture. It was created following questionnaire and field research with Councillors across the East of England, which examined their current use of social media and their ideas for how it could be used in the future. Read the full report here. Through Public-I we can delivered a Networked Councillor programme in your authority for a charge if you would like further information please get in touch at Hannah.email@example.com.
We also provide a range of meetings and networks for councillors including:
- The East of England LGA Assembly - A meeting of the 52 council leaders and elected mayors in the East of England. Further details can be found here.
- Networks of Council Portfolio-Holders - A series of networks for councils portfolio-holders around a small number of key priority areas. Further details of these networks can be found under relevant topics on the Support Services pages.
- Member Master Classes - Open to all elected members, we host regular member master classes on priority topics. Details of current master classes are available on our events pages.