Tuesday 24 January 2017
10:00 - 16:30
||Ground Floor Room 12 - West Suffolk House, Western Way, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 3YU
|Event Fees:||Early Bird Price (if booked before 30 November 2016) - £99.00 (Ex VAT)|
Booking made after 30 November 2016 - £125.00 (Ex VAT)
Join us on 24 January 2017 for an one day pilot course on Personal Resilience for Senior Managers.
What is resilience?
Resilience is the ability to recover quickly from setbacks and adversity. Resilient people stay committed and increase their efforts when the going gets tough. It used to be thought that people were born with resilient attributes; we now know that anyone can improve their resilience through effective training and development.
To enable delegates to respond positively to the pressures and demands of modern working life and to help them identify opportunities to thrive.
Personal resilience is arguably the most important resource for coping well during challenging times. This training course introduces delegates to skills that will increase their confidence in their ability to bounce back from the many pressures and adversities they encounter in today’s workplace. They are reminded that a key aspect of being resilient is accepting that change frequently creates opportunities as well as problems to be solved.
The course is highly interactive and contains a variety of tools and exercises. Delegates receive a comprehensive workbook, which can be revisited should they wish to improve one or more of their resilience skills.
With full participation the delegates will achieve the following:
• Enhanced realistic optimism balanced with a can-do attitude
• A more flexible, adaptable and positive approach to change
• Improved problem solving creativity skills
• Understand the benefits of good role modelling during challenging times
• Improved understanding of the benefits of building and restoring important relationships
• Acquire skills that can help to reduce workplace/home anxiety (regarding their job)
• Become more level-headed and objective under pressure
• Greater appreciation of the benefits of personal care and pacing oneself
• Improved understanding of personal boundaries and how they can be strengthened
• Greater awareness that change and adversity often creates opportunities
Please note this event is only open to Senior Managers in Local Authorities and Partner Organisations
Please note there are only 12 places available and delegates will be allocated a place on a first come first served basis.
Cancellations, substitutions and transfers
A standard £100 cancellation fee will be levied for non-attendance or for cancellations made less than 1 week before the event date.
« Back to event archive
« Back to all events