Statement on result of the UK’s referendum on membership of the EU
The East of England European Partnership team in Brussels will continue to deliver our full range of services to our local partners.
The UK continues to remain a full member of the EU and partners are eligible for all EU funding up until new arrangements are agreed.
The Brussels team is focused on supporting partners to maximise access to the remaining EU funds. The team will also assist partners as they take stock and evaluate the full implications of the referendum result which won't be known for many years.
The East of England European Partnership will now undertake a period of reflection as we consult with partners on the best way to support them in the years ahead.
Through the East of England European Partnership, the East of England LGA is helping organisations in the East of England to get the most from Europe. Our work focuses on giving local partners a voice in key debates on the next generation of EU funding programmes (2014-2020) in order to ensure maximum take up. We are working to ensure that income generating opportunities are maximised while continuing to provide a high quality, intelligence-oriented service.
The European Partnership currently provide:
- A path of opportunity for partners through the EU institutions and legislation
- Intelligence and advance warning of EU policy and funding developments
- Raising the profile of individual partners in particular and the East of England in general with key policy makers in the EU and organisations across the EU
- Creating links through networking and partner searches with other European regions in support of transnational project development
- Policy and Funding Newsletters
- Organising and facilitating delegation visits from the region to Brussels (including use of our conference room and other facilities)
- Enabling partners to exercise influence at the appropriate level in the European institutions – facilitating contact
- In-depth specialist briefings tailored to individual needs in a wide range of policy areas
- Supplying practical information and assistance on how to make the most out of European funding opportunities and partner searches
Further information on the wider offer provided by the European Partnership can be found at www.east-of-england.eu. This service is available to all 52 councils in the East of England through their subscription to the East of England LGA. To use this service get in touch with the European Partnership team.