We recognise the importance of councils work together to meet the financial challenges facing the sector by learning from each other, new and innovative ways of working and using their collective power to influence national policy. Our aim is to be both a host for critical information and also a focal point for networking and communications between organisations to bring about these improvements.
We are currently supporting:
- An East of England Finance and Resources Lead Members Network - An adhoc network to provide councils, through their political leadership, the opportunity to collaborate on a number of important policy areas and share learning. Information on any upcoming network will show on our events page.
- An East of England Directors of Finance Network - An open forum available to all Finance Directors of the 52 local authorities in the East of England. Information on any upcoming network meetings is available here.
- A regional contracts database - Our Contracts Database facility allows organisations to upload and maintain their own contract information on-line, to be shared with partners across the East of England. Click here to visit the Contracts Database website.
- The Procurement Challenge - The Procurement Challenge, delivered through our Talent Bank, is designed as a low-cost, high-impact review of current procurement arrangements in a single public sector organisation. However, it can be applied to other arrangements such as shared procurement services or by two or more organisations with an interest in working together on collaborative procurement.
- A Procurement East Network - The Procurement East Network (PEN) is a networking group for senior Procurement colleagues across the East of England. Every EELGA member can send a delegate to the bi-annual PEN meetings, where they can network with colleagues, find out about latest developments and identify areas for sharing and collaboration. Find out more about this network on our meetings pages.
- A Procurement Series - The Procurement Series is a set of training courses focussed on current issues of importance in public procurement such as Contract Management and Specification Writing. We can work with you to deliver any or all of the Procurement Series courses at your own workplace for groups of up to 14 delegates.
- A Procurement Masterclass - Our annual Masterclass event brings together thought leaders, national organisations and senior officers for a day to share knowledge and good practice. It is also the best opportunity for net-working with public sector procurement colleagues from across the East of England. Find out more on our Events page.
If you would like more information regarding any aspect of our procurement work then please contact Eddie Gibson, Senior Manager on 01284 758310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.