Human resources (HR) and organisational development (OD) covers a broad spectrum of work and there are times when you need additional expertise. Sometimes you just need an independent person or a different perspective.
Our associates cover a variety of specialisms within the field which cover the full employment lifecycle. If you need specific expertise or additional capacity through recruitment, employee relations interventions, transformation and restructure or with regard to employees exiting the organisation we can help you find solutions. Our support is designed to ensure our member authorities have the support they need to deal with issues when they occur and to develop an effective, flexible and productive workforce able to meet the challenges ahead.
The information below gives a brief overview of the services we have on offer. We have also produced a human resources (HR) and organisational development (OD) offer brochure which provides more in depth information about each area of support. You can download it here.
Our experienced team have been helping elected members, managers and HR staff for a number of years, and our deep understanding of the context of local government means we can appreciate the implications of any issues raised.
We can provide:
- Strategic HR advice on restructures, mergers and transformation
- Support with senior recruitment, senior exits and HR projects
- Investigations and mediation
- Research, policy and guidance
- Resolution of disputes
We want to support things going right in our member authorities, but we also offer a range of support when things aren’t. We have a team of experienced mediators and investigators who have conducted over 100 assignments for our councils and have been well regarded by the people they have worked with. The support offered includes:
- Dispute resolution through Joint Informal Secretarial visits
- Investigations, mediations and learning reviews
- Outplacement support
We work with our local authorities to ensure that they have an affordable and flexible pay, reward and conditions system.
- We offer advice on pay and reward strategy, undertake job evaluation, assist with appeals and with the development of appropriate pay systems and paylines.
- We can help with equal pay audits and improvement implementation plans to support local authorities work towards more positive and transparent reward management systems.
- Where individual support is required, we can also help on specific research and pay reviews for chief executives and senior teams.
We support the development of elected members and staff at all levels, from individual interventions to bespoke programmes delivered both in-house and regionally:
- We encourage and support a coaching culture within local government and administer a coaching pool which is open to all our member authorities and their partners. Through this:
- We are helping organisations to build internal coaching capacity through the provision of accredited courses, as well as enabling people to access trained and experienced coaches from other local authorities and partner organisations.
- We provide coaching and mentoring in relation to chief executive appraisals and to new heads of HR.
- We can also source external coaches where further capacity is required.
- We offer bespoke training for elected members, managers and officers on a variety of issues such as:
- Leadership and Management
- Personal development
- Networked Councillor
- Appeals training for members
- Employment law
- Job evaluation
- Practical people management
- We also provide other forms of support including:
- The development and introduction of competency frameworks and appraisal systems
- Help with major transformation projects and culture change
If you wish to discuss your current or future requirements, then please get in touch with: Lucy Ashwell: 01284 758319 m: 07943623205 e: email@example.com
Alternatively, please contact the Talent Bank on: 01284 758300 or firstname.lastname@example.org